CHICLE has been making arrangements for students to study in San Miguel de Allende, in the state of Guanajuato, Mexico, at the Academia Hispano Americana since 1999.
CHICLE can make all your arrangements to study in San Miguel de Allende at the Academia Hispano Americana.
We have placed well over 100 students, including senior citizens, high-schoolers, children, and other adults. The program offers two-, three-, and four-week programs. Students can also go for one week if they take private classes.
Our package includes: 35 hours per week of Spanish instruction, room and board (single or double occupancy) with a Mexican family. We arrange ground transportation from the airport in Leon to San Miguel. Costs are estimated on Sunday to Saturday stays. It is possible to pay for an extra night if you want to arrive on Saturday or leaveon Sunday. We also provide an orientation by people who have spent time in San Miguel. We don't make flight reservations, however.
San Miguel de Allende is one of the most beautiful towns in Mexico. In 1926 it was designated a national colonial monument, one of only three town in the entire country and in 2008 a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Since the 1950’s it has been considered the best place to study Spanish as it boosts of two very established language institutions as well as an art institute. Although known for its ex-pat community, it is definitely a place where you will hear and practice your Spanish daily.
Please call us at (919) 933-0398 or e-mail us if you want more information.
Visit Academia's website for addional information on classes, costs, housing, and San Miguel.
Academia hispano americana in San Miguel de Allende
Dates of 2012 classes
- January 2 - January 27
- January 30 - February 24 (No classes Feb. 6, Constitution Day)
- February 27- March 23 (No classes Mar. 19, Benito Juárez Day)
- April 2 - April 27
- April 30 - May 25 (No classes May 1, Labor Day)
- May 28 - June 22
- June 25- July 20
- July 23 - August 17
- August 20 - September 14 (Sept. 16, Independence Day)
- September 17- October 12
- October 15 - November 9
- November 12 - December 7 (No classes Nov. 19, Day of the Revolution)
Daily schedule - full immersion
- 8:30-11:20 am Intensive Spanish
- 11:30-12:20 pm Basic Communication or Oral Communication Workshop
- 12:30- 1:45 pm Grammatical Problems or Pronunciation and Diction (Monday-Thursday)
- 3:45- 5:00 pm Seminars (Monday-Thursday)
- 5:05- 6:30 pm Seminars (Monday-Thursday
- 12:30 - Mexican Cooking (Friday - $12 charge, includes shopping and lunch)
- Two one-day field trips per session on the first two Saturdays of each session ($30/trip)
For students who do not want the full immersion program, there are semi-intensive programs available for three or four hours per day. One-to-one classes are also available by the hour or for five hours per day.
It is strongly recommended that students stay with Mexican families in order to maximize their exposure to Spanish. All families offer full room and board. Half board is not available but you can share a room. Often families have several students living with them. Students have breakfast with the family, go to class, return for the mid-day dinner at around 2:00, return to school, and then home for supper, which is a very light meal. It is fine to eat elsewhere as long as you let the family know ahead of time. Individual arrangements can be made before or upon arrival for hotel or apartment accommodations.