Are you a business that needs to have documents or a website translated? Do you need personal documents translated?
Are you looking for:
- Experienced professional translators and editors?
- A translation service that has every translation independently edited by another professional?
- A translation service that has translators for many different languages?
- Translations done locally so that you can interact with the translator?
- A translation service that has ten years of experience?
- Translators who meet your deadlines?
CHICLE can offer you:
- Professional translators and editors who produce work of the highest quality.
- Every translation is professionally edited.
- We work closely with you to ensure that the translation is suitable to your audience.
- Many years experience in working with translation clients. (See a list of some of our clients here.)
- Translation of personal documents like birth or marriage certificates or school transcripts.
- Translation of newsletters, reports, questionnaires, technical documents, or forms.
- Translation of websites.
- Over ten years of experience doing translations in many different languages.
Our Translation Procedures
- If you provide us with an MS Word document, we will replace the text with the translation and the formatting will be retained.
- If we work from an unformatted document (usually exported from publishing software), we will create a table where each row contains a paragraph with the first column containing the original text and the second column containing the translation. In that way, you will easily be able to replace the original text in your graphics program.
- If we receive a PDF file or an original or copy of an original, the delivery format will depend upon your requirements.
- If the formatting does not need to be maintained, we will provide you with an MS Word document with the translated information.
- If you do need the formatting preserved, we will enter the information in MS Word and replicate the format as best as possible.
- If the formatting is particularly complicated, we will charge an additional formatting fee.
Information that we need from you so that we can provide a time and cost estimate:
- Number of documents
- Format you will send
- Document(s) length(s) - number of words (we can calculate this for you)
- If Spanish, language suitable for Mexicans, Central Americans, South Americans, Standard
- Reading/education level
- Location of audience (National, local)
- Format you will receive
- Date desired
(If you are new to translation, we suggest you read Getting it Right (PDF) from the American Translators' Association
The University of North Carolina Center for Public Health Preparedness (UNC CPHP) partnered with CHICLE in the Spring of 2010 to obtain Spanishtranslation services for a three-day Laboratory Influenza Epidemiology educational program being developed for trainees from Central and South America and the Caribbean. The content-heavy curriculum involved translation of multiple lectures, activities, quizzes and supporting materials, all of which were highly technical in terms of public health and scientific terminology. The nature of this particular project was such that we needed to work on a highly compressed timeline in order to complete the necessary work. CHICLE came through for us and then some, producing a huge amount of translated material in just over a month or so. The quality of the translation work was second to none, even in light of the often complex terminology involved. CHICLE staff exuded professionalism by maintaining consistent and open communication related to project needs, and ensuring that all materials were delivered by pre-determined deadlines. We could not have asked for a better or more pleasant partnership experience. In fact, work is currently underway for CHICLE to assist UNC CPHP on Spanish translation of a second curriculum.
Lauren N. Bradley, MHS
UNC Center for Public Health Preparedness
NC Institute for Public Health
Gillings School of Global Public Health
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The Florida State University Center for Prevention & Early Intervention Policy started working with CHICLE in 2006 after hearing from customersthat there were problems with the Spanish translation we'd been using for our home visiting curriculum—both for incorrect usage and awkward language. A publisher recommended we try CHICLE and we've never looked back. We had some native speakers compare the translations we had been using with CHICLE's versions. They commented that CHICLE's language flowed beautifully and more closely followed the intent of the English.We now have CHICLE doing all our Spanish translation work and have had no complaints. It's always a pleasure working with their staff, who are so responsive and professional.
Florida State University
Some of our translation clients can be viewed here.<link>